Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Lies

I used to look up to you
I loved being around you
I thought you could do no wrong
You were a role model to me

But little did I know, you had a deep,dark secret
Your insatiable lust for men

At first I pretended not to see it
Wearing a pair of rose-colored glasses

But then you betrayed me
Not once, but twice
For some low-down nigga
Who ain't worth shit

Now, no thanks to you
Mom and I are barely getting by
You still with that asshole
Why am I not surprised?

Now when I see you, I don't know what to think
Part of me says to hate you, another part says to love you
As much as I'd wish you'd change
I can't help someone who doesn't wanna be helped

You put me and my mom through hell
But I wish you well
We will no longer fall victim
To your deadly, poisonous lies

No comments:

Post a Comment